Values and Vision
OUR SCHOOL VALUES
|W - WELLNESS;||ensuring that our work supports the emotional, social and physical health of our staff and students|
|A - AMBITION;||a focus on high expectations and aspirations for our students to achieve amazing outcomes|
|T - TOGETHERNESS;||high performance comes from an environment of trust and support. We need to build and maintain strong community links beyond the school|
|C - CONFIDENCE;||positive feedback, celebration and a coherent knowledge rich curriculum that gives students self-belief and esteem|
|H - HONESTY;||a willingness to give and receive developmental support alongside strong culture of rigorous and frequent evaluation in order to be better every day.|
Our School Vision
Success and Achievement for All
We are committed to being a caring and inclusive school which promotes the highest standards of success in attainment, achievement and personal conduct for all students. We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the needs of all students, enabling them to realise their full academic, personal, social and emotional potential.
At Chosen Hill School, we believe:
- Every student and member of staff should be known and valued.
- Every student has the right to learn in a disruption free classroom.
- Every student and member of staff should be positively challenged to achieve their best.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing a rich, varied and challenging curriculum that is relevant and fosters enjoyment in learning.
- Providing Teaching and Learning of the highest quality in a stimulating environment.
- Having high expectations of all students and celebrating effort, achievement and successes.
- Encouraging staff and students to be independent, reflective and resilient learners.
- Encouraging all students to challenge themselves and recognise that making mistakes is part of the learning process.
- Broadening students' experience beyond the formal curriculum.
- Fostering a positive, welcoming atmosphere in the school where everyone shows mutual respect and feels a sense of belonging.
- Promoting a sense of pride in the school and providing a healthy and safe environment.
- Developing partnerships with students' families, the world of work, local, national and international communities.
- Developing young people who are confident, responsible, prepared for life beyond school and able to make a valuable contribution to society.